America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Surgical Care
Holland Hospital is rated among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation based on Healthgrades' unbiased analysis of clinical outcomes data across a wide range of conditions and procedures.
Surgery. Just hearing the word can make anyone feel uncomfortable, apprehensive and maybe even scared. That’s why if you’re facing surgery, Holland Hospital’s Surgical Services team will do everything possible to help put your mind at ease.
How do we do it? By giving you access to the latest in minimally invasive surgery—procedures that can lead to less pain, fewer complications and faster recoveries. So you can get out of the hospital and back to your life sooner.
Holland Hospital’s state-of-the-art technologies and facilities are also complemented by the lakeshore’s most skilled surgeons. Highly skilled hands deserve state-of-the-art tools. That’s why Holland Hospital equips surgeons with the latest laparoscopic, robot-assisted and image-directed technologies.
Our Surgical Team Puts You First
Holland Hospital’s highly skilled surgeons, along with our experienced surgical team, are dedicated to putting you first, giving you their undivided attention. We will always make time to listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
Holland Hospital Surgical Services incorporates the expertise of:
- General surgeons who perform a wide variety of surgeries, from appendectomies and gallbladder removal to hernia repair and endoscopic procedures.
- Specialty surgeons who cover a broad range of surgical specialties so we can offer these services right here.
- Anesthesiologists who are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of patients during and after surgery through appropriate pain management (i.e., through the use of general anesthesia, regional anesthesia and sedation).
- Nurses and other members of the professional care team who have additional training in surgical care and will assist you throughout your stay with us.
- Hospitalists who specialize in delivering care to patients while they are hospitalized. Hospitalists are doctors who oversee and direct your care throughout your hospital stay and work closely with your primary care physician, keeping him or her abreast of your condition and progress.
Outpatient and Inpatient Surgery
Outpatient surgery is performed at two locations-Holland Hospital and the Holland Hospital Surgery Center (on the north side of Holland), depending on the procedure. As surgical procedures/protocols become even more refined, more are being scheduled as outpatient procedures with discharge the same day or the next morning. We continue to adapt and modify our protocols, in partnership with our surgeons and the rest of the multidisciplinary team, to provide the education, tools and support you need to recover safely in your own home.
Inpatient surgery usually requires an expected hospital stay of two or more nights. These procedures would be performed at the main campus of Holland Hospital with recovery in our medical surgery inpatient units and/or intensive care areas.
Lakeshore Leader in Surgical Care
Our expert surgical teams offer advanced technology for surgery to provide improved outcomes, less pain and faster recovery than traditional surgery.
- General surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Breast cancer surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Podiatry surgery
- Urology surgery
- Gynecology surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat surgery
- Plastics cosmetic surgery