Every small act of service makes a profound difference at Holland Hospital. For 100 years and counting, our volunteers enable us to help and heal countless individuals across West Michigan.
Here, volunteers are vital members of the Holland Hospital family. Guided by our mission and values, they provide meaningful support, whether working directly with patients or serving in a more behind-the-scenes role. Holland Hospital continues to seek caring, compassionate individuals willing to volunteer.
Here are some of the ways volunteers help us every day:
- Emergency department *: restocking rooms with supplies, helping with patient transport, and supporting overall daily operations of the ED.
- Coffee Cove cashier *: our Coffee Cove provides beverages and light snacks to hospital staff and visitors. All proceeds help fund special projects throughout the hospital.
- Gift shop *: providing customer service, and assisting with restocking and selling merchandise. All proceeds help fund special projects throughout the hospital.
- Errand and escort: helping our guests and employees with a variety of duties, from running food trays, supplies or lab specimens to transporting patients.
- Main lobby information desk: directing visitors to various areas throughout the hospital. In this role you will also oversee the hospital free book library.
- Same-day surgery *: escorting and transporting pre- and post-surgical patients, restocking surgical rooms, and assisting with clerical duties.
- Security Runner *: offering assistance to our security staff, including customer service support, patient transport, and answering patient and visitor questions.
* Indicates that volunteers must be 18 years and older.
Volunteer opportunities are for individuals 16 years and older (* Indicates that volunteers must be 18 years and older) Hours and shifts vary. Volunteers must commit to providing at least 30 hours of service. To learn more, call (616) 394-3140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.