Patient Visitation Guidelines
Effective August 16, 2022:
Please be aware of the following visitor guides and exceptions.
- General hospital visiting hours are 6 AM – 9 PM.
- Non-COVID-19 patients on 2W, 4W, 5W, Spine/Ortho, ICU/TU are allowed two visitors (age 16 and over) that may rotate. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
- COVID-19 patients are allowed two adult visitors that will remain the same for the duration of the patient's stay. Visitors for COVID-19 patients, and any others in isolation due to infection precautions, will wear appropriate PPE at all times, as directed by staff, and must remain in the patient’s room throughout their visit.
- 6W (inpatient BHS) patients are allowed two visitors per patient per day during visiting hours from 6 PM – 8 PM.
- Boven Birth Center patients are allowed one designated adult support person, plus...
- Labor and Delivery (Non-COVID-19 patients): one additional adult visitor (18 years old and older).The additional adult visitor can stay past the end of visiting hours through the time of delivery. After delivery, only the designated support person will be allowed to stay.
- After Delivery (Non-COVID-19 patients): two additional visitors during visiting hours. Siblings under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by the designated support person and may visit as a group. Children ages 2 and over are required to wear a mask.
- Special Care Nursery (Non-COVID-19 patients): The mother and designated support person wearing the ID band matching the infant’s band are allowed to visit in the Special Care Nursery.
- COVID-19 positive patients will be allowed one designated adult support person.
- Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
- Surgical, Endoscopy, Cath Lab, Radiology and Wound Clinic patients may be accompanied by up to two adult visitors on the day of the procedure.
- One clergy member is allowed per patient (in addition to adult visitors). This includes Surgical Services.
No children under the age of 16 are allowed to visit. Exceptions:
- Non-patient minors may accompany patients/visitors to Lobby 3 (Coffee Cove area) for purposes of lab work, bill paying, and nutrition and diabetic education appointments but may not proceed beyond Lobby 3 into the main hospital.
- BBC newborn siblings may accompany the designated support person during visiting hours.
Regardless of vaccination status: All visitors must be screened upon arrival. Anyone with a COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID within the last 5 days, or with COVID symptoms, will not be allowed to visit. Anyone exhibiting COVID symptoms will be advised to seek medical care.
All visitors must wear a hospital provided mask and follow posted safety guidelines at all times. Anyone not following guidelines will be asked to leave the building. Security will be notified if necessary.
Let’s Stay Holland Strong
Remember, the best way to protect yourself, your loved ones and your neighbors is to stay home as much as possible. Don’t forget to wash your hands frequently and follow social distancing guidelines. Together, we can make a difference and remain Holland Strong. Learn more at hollandhospital.org/covid19.
Holland Hospital provides language services for clinical interpretation free of charge to Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients and those with sensory limitations, including deaf and blind individuals, who request interpretation assistance. These services are available at all times at all Holland Hospital locations 24 hours a day, upon patient request. Bilingual hospital staff may interpret. Patients may also request a family member, friend, or minor to interpret. Holland Hospital will ensure that all vital documents are translated accurately into the primary language of LEP patients.
Holland Hospital complies with state and federal law to allow persons assisted by service animals to enter our facilities, utilize our services and visit patients with the assistance of their service animal. For the purposes of patient safety, Holland Hospital has designated certain areas as restricted, and service animals will not be permitted per hospital policy. Both patients and visitors are encouraged to inquire prior to arrival, and or/if there is concern about access to these areas. For questions or concerns please call (616) 394–3742.
Hospital Phones & Cell Phones
Telephones are provided in each room for patients to use at any time and instructions are printed on the phone. Operators will transfer calls to patient rooms between 8 am and 10 pm Friends and family may call the patient directly if they have been given the number of the patient’s bedside phone.
In order to preserve the privacy of our patients, visitors and staff, video and audiotaping by patients and visitors are prohibited in the hospital. Recording childbirth at Boven Birth Center, in consultation with your physician, is the only exception.
For ease and convenience, Holland Hospital uses a new numbered parking system. Look for new numbered parking lots 1, 2 or 3. The Emergency and Radiology parking lot designation will not change. Click here to get directions to the hospital.
Holland Hospital has a Wi-Fi available to patients and guests in our Café, Coffee Cove, all waiting areas and patient rooms. We ask that you use good judgment and respect others around you while sharing our network.
Holland Hospital offers space to showcase the works of various artists through Holland Friends of Art, a local artist collaborative. Each month, a new artist exhibit is on display in the gallery located in the Lower Level Lobby off the Visitor (green) hospital entrance. Art is one way Holland Hospital provides a relaxing and healing environment for our patients and visitors.
Whether you are in the market for a new piece of art or need a peaceful getaway, Gallery 602 is a destination you’ll only experience at Holland Hospital. We encourage you to stop by.
The Café serves healthy and delicious meals for visitors and hospital staff seven days a week; the eatery features a wide selection of meal options and a bright and welcoming dining area. The Café is open to the public and also offers an outdoor patio. In additional, sandwiches, dessert items, snacks, specialty coffees and juices are available during open hours, 6:30 am – 7:30 pm.
If you are visiting a patient, you are welcome to enjoy your meal with the patient. Just take your tray to his or her room.
ATM and Vending Machines
For your convenience, an ATM and vending machines are located in the hallway next to The Café entrance. Vending machines for beverages and healthy snacks are also located throughout the hospital.
The Gift Shop, located near The Café on the main level, features a unique variety of gift and home items, baby clothing, personal items, books, cards and flowers.
Whether you’re looking for something special for a patient, a gift for a special occasion or a unique item for your home, the Holland Hospital Gift Shop offers a wide selection of specially merchandise. The Gift Shop is operated solely by Holland Hospital volunteers, who stock the store with merchandise from hard-to-find, local and out-of-state markets. And just in case you forgot something, the Gift Shop also stocks personal care items.
The proceeds are donated back to the hospital for the benefit of our patients.
Newspapers are available at the Gift Shop and the Coffee Cove, located near the Information Desk at the west entrance to the hospital.
The gift shop is open Mon-Fri 9 AM - 4 PM and Sat-Sun 10 AM - 2 PM.