Patient Visitation Guidelines
Effective February 23, 2022:
Please be aware of the following visitor guides and exceptions.
- General hospital visiting hours are 6 AM – 9 PM.
- All patients on 2W, 4W, 5W, Spine/Ortho, ICU/TU are allowed two adult visitors that will remain the same for the duration of the patient’s stay. Visitors must be able to pass the screening criteria listed below.
- Patients under 18 are allowed two parents or guardians.
- Visitors for COVID-19 patients, and any others in isolation due to infection precautions, will wear appropriate PPE at all times, as directed by staff, and must remain in the patient’s room throughout their visit.
- 6W (inpatient BHS) patients are allowed one visitor per patient per day during visiting hours from 6 PM – 8 PM.
- Boven Birth Center patients are allowed one designated adult support person, plus one additional visitor.
- Labor and Delivery: The additional adult visitor can stay past the end of visiting hours until the delivery. After delivery, only the designated support person will be allowed to stay.
- After Delivery: During visiting hours, the additional visitor may be the infant’s sibling. Siblings under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by the designated support person. Children ages 2 and over are required to wear a mask.
- Special Care Nursery: The mother and designated support person wearing the ID band matching the infant’s band are allowed to visit in the Special Care Nursery.
- Surgical, Endoscopy, Cath Lab, Radiology and Wound Clinic patients may be accompanied by up to two adult visitors on the day of the procedure.
- One clergy member is allowed per patient (in addition to adult visitors). This includes Surgical Services.
No children under the age of 16 are allowed to visit. Exceptions:
- Non-patient minors may accompany patients/visitors to Lobby 3 (Coffee Cove area) for purposes of lab work, bill paying, and nutrition and diabetic education appointments but may not proceed beyond Lobby 3 into the main hospital.
- BBC newborn siblings may accompany the designated support person during visiting hours.
Regardless of vaccination status: All visitors must be screened upon arrival. Anyone with a COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID within the last 5 days, or with COVID symptoms, will not be allowed to visit. Anyone exhibiting COVID symptoms will be advised to seek medical care.
All visitors must wear a hospital provided mask and follow posted safety guidelines at all times. Anyone not following guidelines will be asked to leave the building. Security will be notified if necessary.
What can I do to help prevent the spread of infection?
Stay informed. If you are sick, stay home. Follow the advice of the CDC at coronavirus.gov, including proper and frequent handwashing and travel guidelines