Thank you for placing your trust in Holland Hospital. To help you better understand what you can expect from our physician offices and have a positive experience, here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
What should I keep in mind for my appointment?
- Please bring your insurance card, photo ID, a list of current medications (including over-the-counter drugs, supplements and/or vitamins) and medical history information.
- Fill out and bring any paperwork you received prior to your appointment.
- Confirm your insurance coverage before your appointment (Holland Hospital’s physician practices participate with most insurance carriers).
- Arrive 15 minutes early, if possible. Write down and bring any questions you have for our providers.
- Let us know if you need a work or school doctor’s excuse before you leave our office.
Where do I get ultrasound testing?
If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call (616) 355-3984. We appreciate 24-hour advance notice for cancellations. Find locations, hours and driving directions for Holland Hospital labs and radiology.
What do I do after hours?
For after-hour medical emergencies, call our office to be connected to our answering service for further instructions. For all life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room. Holland Hospital also offers other convenient care options including Urgent Care.
How do I get a prescription refill?
For prescription refills or renewals:
- Tell our office during your visit that you would like your prescription(s) refilled or renewed.
- Request a prescription renewal online through the Patient Portal.
- Call your pharmacy to notify our office and take care of your refill.
- For mail-order prescriptions, please call our office and provide your name, phone number, the medication name and the name of the mail-order pharmacy.
If you haven’t recently seen your doctor, you may be asked to schedule an appointment before your prescription will be renewed.
How do I find out my test results?
If you’re signed up for our Patient Portal, you can access your test results online. Otherwise, you will hear from us in person, by mail or phone. If you have not received notice of your test results within two weeks, please contact our office.
How do I access the Patient Portal?
The Patient Portal is an online service that allows you to view your health information anytime and anywhere. You can sign up when you check in for your next appointment, or call our office and our staff will help you register. This portal will enable you to:
- Request prescription refills
- Review lab and test results
- Send a message to your health care team
- Access your child’s health information (up to age 13)
- Keep track of your vital signs