Nationally Recognized, Locally Available
Superior outcomes and high satisfaction have placed us among the leading joint replacement centers nationwide. What’s more, our Center consistently exceeds national averages in key patient outcome indicators like increased functionality and pain reduction.
#1 in Michigan for Joint Replacement
Are you or someone you know considering joint replacement? Holland hospital ranked #1 in Michigan for quality outcomes in joint replacement surgery.
Our Difference Will Move You
Deciding to have hip, knee or shoulder replacement surgery isn’t an easy decision. Often, it’s the last step in a series of treatments and therapies you’ve tried to help manage your chronic joint pain and stiffness.
While we understand even the thought of surgery can be frightening, you can take heart in our care difference. The Holland Hospital Joint Replacement Center has made joint replacement and recovery simpler, faster, and more effective than ever. Our comprehensive, award-winning program begins the moment your surgery is scheduled, and continues with personalized support throughout your preparation, hospitalization and discharge.
From the moment of decision for surgery, our professional multi-disciplinary team approach to personalized care offers what’s needed to get you motivated and moving again. Here are just some of the features that set our program apart:
- Dedicated joint replacement nurse navigator: a point of contact within the hospital to help coordinate the many facets of your surgical experience, customizing it to meet your unique needs every step of the way
- Experience and continuous quality improvement: Through repetition and focus on the ever-changing field of orthopedics, our multi-disciplinary team understands joint replacement care and continually updates practices and protocols based on available evidence-in many cases leading the way-to ensure quality and safety.
- Caring, clean environment: Whether a same day procedure or an extended hospital stay, our care environment is set up to support mobility and safety while you are here.
- Caregiver involvement: Education and demonstration is available for both you and your caregiver(s) in print, electronic or in-person formats to ensure you are prepared for your recovery at home before, during and after your surgery.
- Continuing care: Our care management team provides support to ensure smooth transitions of care as you leave the hospital and continue your recovery outside our walls.
The Place for Exceptional Experiences
Nobody looks forward to surgery, but if you decide to undergo hip or knee replacement, you can rest assured that you’ll have an exceptional care experience at Holland Hospital. In fact, in a recent survey, 95 percent of our patients reported they were very satisfied with their care, and 97 percent said they would recommend Holland Hospital’s Joint Replacement Center to their family and friends.
Our compassionate, patient-focused approach and clean, safe environment of care promote healing so you can focus on recovery.
Dedicated Joint Care Experts
Our Joint Replacement Center offers you close-to-home access to skilled surgeons and specially trained staff, proven rehabilitation protocols, comprehensive education materials and a nurse navigator who will guide you throughout your care journey. This dedicated, multidisciplinary team will be with you every step of the way, from scheduling through recovery.
Joint Replacement Surgery vs. Conservative Care
Holland Hospital’s Joint Replacement Center performs over a thousand hip, knee and shoulder replacements every year with excellent outcomes and high patient satisfaction.
When the time isn’t right for surgery, Holland Hospital and our team of providers can also support conservative care for joint arthritis or medical optimization for surgery to help you prepare physically and minimize the risk for complications:
- Medications or joint injections: Though not a cure for osteoarthritis, your primary or specialty care providers can recommend medications to help manage symptoms
- Physical or occupational therapy: Holland Hospital Physical Therapy & Rehab Services can assess and recommend ways to strengthen, stretch, or balance your musculoskeletal system , or to modify activities as needed, to control symptoms and keep you involved in the activities you desire until surgery becomes the best option
- Chronic pain management: For those who are not able to have surgery for various reasons, Holland Hospital Pain Management can advise ways to live your best life despite chronic pain
- Healthy Life Programs: Holland Hospital Healthy Life programs provides support for those who need to optimize their health to minimize risks for surgical complications. This includes things like:
- Tobacco Cessation programs
- Weight Management programs
- Nutritional assessment and instruction
- Diabetic management
- Personal training
Recovery at Home
Though the surgery itself remains largely the same, the recovery process has changed dramatically. Most people now discharge from the hospital the same day or the next day to continue their recovery in the comfort of their own home. This change, though daunting for some, has proven very successful with appropriate planning and preparation. Our team is here to support you and your caregiver with everything you need to prepare for recovery at home for education, equipment and referrals based on your unique needs.