At Holland Hospital, we believe that delivering exceptional care means going above and beyond treating disease. Here, we strive to continually improve the health of the communities we’re proud to serve—so you and those you love have a more vibrant place to work, play, and live.
From comprehensive education initiatives to community classes and events to disease management programs, we work hard both inside and outside the walls of our hospital to inspire healthy lifestyle choices, active, independent living and greater physical, emotional and mental wellness.
In the spirit of hope, respect, compassion and dignity, our goals include:
- Implementing effective programming to promote community health improvement
- Collaborating and integrating with community agencies and school districts
- Developing and implementing effective programming to promote employee wellness in partnership with local employers
- Establishing mechanisms to measure the success of our community outreach programming
Community Health Needs Assessment
The Community Health Needs Assessment is a study that looks at the health of people in Ottawa County and serves as a tool to help address health needs through community engagement and collaboration. Holland Hospital is part of the advisory council of Ottawa County area public health partners, including health agencies and other hospitals, which collects and organizes data for the Community Health Needs Assessment. This information is used to help guide plans and programs that will continue to improve the health of our community.
To read the latest Community Health Needs Assessment (2020), select the download listed to the right.
Choose the link listed to the right to review past reports.
Access: Quality Care for One and All
We remain dedicated to facilitating and providing quality care to all those in need. Donations made to Holland Hospital support four community outreach efforts:
- Holland Community Health Center: The Community Health Center (HCHC), an outreach service of Holland Hospital, provides health care services for all—regardless of age, language, cultural barriers, health insurance or ability to pay. The Holland Community Health Center also acquires and distributes free medications for patients who cannot afford them. Learn more about the HCHC’s commitment to ensuring the health and wellness of all in Holland.
- School Nurse Program: Better health means better learning—and a healthier outlook for our children and community. Since 1998, Holland Hospital’s school nurses have dedicated their time, skill, and passion to helping ensure the health and wellness of future generations.
- Breast Care Fund: Early detection provides the best opportunity to treat breast cancer and reduce the risk of recurrence. The Breast Care Fund provides financial support for mammograms and other breast health services for women at risk in our community.
- School Mental Health Program: The School Mental Health Program is exclusively designed to address, evaluate and treat the mental health issues our children are facing, so they can grow into healthy, stable, and productive adults. This program coordinates and manages care between the school, family, caregivers, physicians and/or hospital to help ensure more successful outcomes for students struggling with behavioral health concerns.
Breast Care Fund Video
Community Outreach Programs Video
School Mental Health Program Video
Giving to Holland Hospital: Healing—Built by Your Generosity
Healing at Holland Hospital has been built by the generosity of people like you. Your contributions have helped change lives and save lives by providing those in need with access to quality care.
Today, as always, we welcome your gifts of time, talent and financial support. Remember, every donation is meaningful and matters.
- Financial support is the most popular way people contribute to our community outreach efforts. A cash gift is deductible on your tax return in the year the gift is made.
- Memorials: We provide appropriate notice and recognition, as well as acknowledgement to the donor for donations given in honor or in memory of someone.
- Community outreach: All gifts (100 percent) benefit people in our community who might not otherwise have access to health care services.
Learn more about donating to Holland Hospital.
The Gift of Time
Volunteers play a valuable role in creating a positive, patient-focused culture at Holland Hospital. Our committed volunteers come from all over the lakeshore area and make an important difference in the lives of patients and families. Their contributions to our hospital and staff are immeasurable.
More than 250 volunteers donate more than 30,000 hours of service in 25 different areas. Jobs they perform include delivering meals, mail and flowers to patients, transporting patients to services or discharge, working in the Coffee Cove & Gift Shop, sponsoring the Lights of Love during the holiday season, and donating their time to many other service areas. Their generosity lifts the spirits of patients and staff alike.
If you’re at least 16-years-old and would like to donate some of your time, we encourage you to contact Holland Hospital Volunteer Services. Read more about available volunteer opportunities.