The Partial Hospitalization Program provides short-term, intensive treatment for adults experiencing symptoms of mental illness who require more support than traditional outpatient treatment. Patients will receive evidence-based treatment to achieve goals of reducing symptoms and improving quality of life.
In our Partial Hospitalization Program, patients are in treatment for six hours per day, five days per week.
The program takes place at the hospital and include the following services, depending on each patient's needs:
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Group therapy focusing on skill development and practice
- Individual therapy and family therapy
- Occupational therapy evaluations and treatment
- Case management and connection to community resources
- Connection to follow-up treatment to ensure ongoing behavioral health needs are met
- Nursing assessments and connection to resources for physical health concerns
- Healthy lifestyle education and support
- Spiritual care support
Our services are based on an individualized treatment plan which places each patient’s goals at the center of their care. Our multidisciplinary team works together to ensure each patient’s needs, concerns and goals are addressed in a supportive, caring and comfortable environment. The treatment approach is rooted in dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), an evidence-based treatment which focuses on mindfulness, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness and emotional regulation skills.
For more information about the Partial Hospitalization Program and the referral process, please contact our program staff at (616) 395-2828 weekdays between 8 AM and 4 PM.