Our pricing strategy is built on sound financial principles to provide high-quality, competitively priced health care while also laying plans for a healthy future.
Holland Hospital's mission is to continually improve the health of the communities we serve. Carrying out our mission through nine decades has meant making sound investments to continually broaden and improve our care. This means upgrading and building new facilities, recruiting and maintaining highly qualified physicians and staff, and acquiring the latest medical technologies to provide state-of-the-art treatment right here in Holland.
Our pricing is designed to enable us to do both: provide exceptional patient care and outcomes while maintaining good financial health. That way you can be assured that we’ll continue to offer the best possible health care value for you and your family into the future.
Estimate of Charges
Holland Hospital will provide a written estimate of charges for any service offered by the hospital. Call Patient Financial Services at (616) 394-3122 to request an estimate. Please be prepared to provide:
- The name of the procedure and/or service you will be having.
- Any specific codes on your physician order or given to you by your doctor.
- Your current insurance information.
Comparable Charges for Healthcare Services
The Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) has a website which allows you to compare the charges, payments, and quality data of all of the hospitals in Michigan. The website was a response to the growing trend in the health care industry to provide the consumer with more information to make health care decisions. A link is provided on the right. When reviewing and/or comparing pricing on the MHA website, please consider the following:
- The source of the information for the website is the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This information was chosen because it is readily available from the federal government and covers a significant portion of the population. It does not include data from other payers such as Priority Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, PPOM, Aetna, Cigna, ASR, etc.
- While the website comparisons are generally useful, there are many reasons that the charges and/or payments may differ among hospitals. As such, consumers should not exclusively base their health care treatment decisions on the information it presents.
- Patient deductibles and other patient financial obligations typically CANNOT be calculated from charge information. The amount a patient owes is governed in large part by their insurance program and the contract the insurance company has with the hospital.
- The charges shown are for hospital inpatient and outpatient services and exclude the professional fees for any physician service (surgeon, anesthesiologist, radiologist, pathologist, etc.).
Patient Financial Services
8 am - 5 pm