Holland Hospital Home Health Services offers medication management to assess and proactively manage all of your medications.
Why is Medication Management Important?
On average, each Michigan resident aged 65 and older fills 25 prescriptions per year. With so many prescribed medications, combined with any over-the-counter and herbal products, the risk of an adverse drug interaction may become a significant concern.
The safe, appropriate and effective use of medications improves the overall quality of care and life and can lead to better outcomes when managing health problems. In addition, health care costs associated with physician visits, urgent/emergency care visits and hospitalizations can be reduced through proper management and use of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Our Medication Management Staff Will:
• Review the patient's medications for potential adverse interactions as part of an comprehensive health assessment.
• Work with the patient and family to develop a personalized medication schedule.
• Assist in communicating with the doctor and pharmacist including help refilling prescriptions.
• Help reduce overall medication costs by eliminating duplication and/or unnecessary medications.
• Find answers to specific questions about the medications being used and those that may be considered.
Maintaining the correct medication schedule lowers the risk of needing emergency department visits or hospitalizations. Holland Hospital Home Health Services offers peace of mind for patients and caregivers by providing regular medication monitoring.