Holland Hospital Home
Health Services offers peace of mind for patients and caregivers by
providing regular medication monitoring.
On average, each Michigan resident aged 65 and older fills 25
prescriptions per year. With so many prescribed medications, combined
with any over-the-counter and herbal products, the risk of an adverse
drug interaction may become a significant concern.
The safe, appropriate and effective use of medications improves the
overall quality of care and life and can lead to better outcomes when
managing health problems.
Our Home Health Team Will:
- Review the patient's medications for potential adverse interactions as part of an comprehensive health assessment.
- Work with the patient and family to develop a personalized medication schedule.
- Assist in communicating with the doctor and pharmacist including help refilling prescriptions.
- Help reduce overall medication costs by eliminating duplication and/or unnecessary medications.
- Find answers to specific questions about the medications being used and those that may be considered.