Your skin is your body's largest organ, so good skin care and a healthy lifestyle are essential to its function and appearance.
The experts at Holland Hospital encourage you to treat your skin with kindness to help delay the natural aging process and prevent many skin problems.
Five Tips for Healthy Skin
- Don't smoke. Smoking damages your skin in many ways.
- Protect yourself from the sun.
- Treat your skin gently. Daily cleansing and shaving can take a toll on your skin, so keep it gentle:
- Eat a healthy diet to help you look and feel your best. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Research suggests that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and carbohydrates may promote younger looking skin.
- Manage stress. Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. Takes steps to manage your stress: set reasonable limits, scale back your to-do list and make time to do the things you enjoy.