Treatments & Services
Your comprehensive treatment program will be
customized to take into account the kind of cancer you have, the stage
of the cancer's growth, its location, your overall health and your
The most common and effective treatments for cancer include:
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapy: Certain drugs that attack specific abnormalities within cancer cells
- Biologic therapy: Substances made by the body
or made in a laboratory are used to boost, direct or restore the body's
natural defenses against cancer or to specifically shut down its
division. This treatment uses knowledge specific to each cancer to
No alternative medicines have been discovered which help treat
cancer. But complementary and alternative therapies may help you manage
the most common side effects of cancer treatment, especially fatigue.
These therapies include gentle exercise, stress management and other
If routine exams or tests ever suggest the possibility of a
recurrence of your cancer, imaging tests such as X-ray, computed
tomography (CT or CAT scan), positron emission tomography (PET scan),
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI scan), bone scan and/or biopsy may be
Achieving the expected result is a fundamental component of a quality
health care experience. Holland Hospital Cancer Care is a place where
all the elements of quality come together. Highly trained staff, proven
techniques and the most advanced technologies are used by our expert
oncologists to obtain the best possible outcomes for you.
- New Varian iX Linear Accelerator features the Eclipse treatment planning system.
- Aria software connects patient information and images into a
single, organized, cancer-specific medical record. Aria helps coordinate
physician consultation, planning and treatment, improving the
efficiency and accuracy of treatment.
- Dual Photon Linear Accelerator with a multileaf collimator as well as additional capabilities of six electron energies.
Advanced Treatment Options
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- 4D respiratory gated treatment
- Onboard Imaging (OBI)