Whether you're newly diagnosed with diabetes or need of a refresher on the
best ways to manage the disease, Holland Hospital's Diabetes
Self-Management Education Program can help.
The program is staffed
by Registered Nurses and Dieticians who provide comprehensive and ongoing
education aimed at successful management of the disease.
Participants enter the program upon referral by their doctor, and
services are covered by most insurance plans. You should participate if you are:
- Newly diagnosed with diabetes
- Starting a new treatment plan
- Interested in the latest treatment options
- Struggling with food choices
- Feeling empowered to manage your diabetes
- Lower healthcare costs as a result of improved control
- Decreased risk of eye, foot, kidney and cardiovascular diseases
- Increased energy leveles
- Improved quality of life
The Diabetes Self-Management Program also provides education and services for:
- Continuous glucose monitoring studies
- Training in the initiation of insulin therapy
- Assistance with intensive insulin management
- Insulin pump therapy management
- Gestational diabetes couseling
Talk to your doctor about a referral to Holland Hospital Diabetes Self-Management Education Program.
Julie Husmann, MSM, RD, CDE, Holland Hospital Center for Good Health discusses the influence of weight on blood sugar, the effect of physical activity on blood sugar and how to incorporate exercise into your day.