The Boven Birth Center has resources to help answer your questions about our birth center, as well as to help you learn more about pregnancy, fetal development, infant and child health and much more.
Holland Hospital offers both classroom education and book based, on-line classes for childbirth and breastfeeding. Please call the Center for Good Health at (616) 394-3344 for more information or to register.
Proper evaluation of your labor's progress sometimes requires special diagnostic tools. Electronic fetal heart rate monitoring assesses fetal well-being during labor. Benefits include early detection of distress and close assessment of high-risk mothers.
Types of fetal monitoring include:
- Doppler: a handheld ultrasound device which transmits the baby's heart rate.
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring: a device which records the baby's heart rate and your contractions. It can be used intermittently or continuously.
Your baby's first days are moments that will never be repeated. The hospital has contracted with Charley's Angels to capture your baby's first picture. Portraits are viewed and ordered after the photography session and images can be posted on a secure website so family and friends can view the portraits.
By joining the Boven Birth Center family, you have access to Parent Advocates—a dedicated team equipped to provide you with information and support to start the most important role of your life—a parent.
- Phone calls to help you adjust to caring for a newborn
- Personalized education and support
- Opportunities to meet other new parents and learn more about child development
- Baby blues and Postpartum Depression support and referrals
- Connections to community resources or Holland Hospital's Home Health Care resources