School Nurse Role
To support student learning by:
Maintaining health care plans for those with chronic diseases (asthma, allergies, diabetes, seizures).
- Providing health education in classroom, group or individual sessions.
- Illness, injury assessment and interventions.
- Participation in Individualized Education Plan development.
- Maintaining health related policies and forms.
- Training and supervising staff for first aid and medication administration.
- Providing referrals for medical, dental, vision, and community agencies.
Health Aide Role
The Health Aide, under the supervision of the School Nurse, is responsible for providing first aid and other assigned health services for school children. The Health Aide works with the RN, school staff, and community agencies and various health care agencies to provide input to improve the health and well being of the school children.
To facilitate healthy learners in the schools.
A school community where every child achieves a safe, healthy lifestyle.