Special Health Concerns
If your child has severe allergies, asthma, seizures, diabetes, or other serious health issues we need to know about it! Please contact your school’s Health Office.
Change of Clothes in Backpacks
Parents of Kindergarten and First grade students: please consider putting a change of clothes in a zip lock bag in the student's backpack in case it is needed. That will save you a trip to the school, and get your student back in class and feeling fresh in no time. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call your school’s Health Office.
Hearing and Vision Screening
Each year a hearing test is provided by Ottawa County Health Department for students in K, 2nd, and 4th grades. A vision test is provided for students in 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th grades.
If your child does not pass either of these exams, a referral form will be mailed to you encouraging further assessment by an optometrist or an audiologist. If you need financial assistance or guidance finding an eye doctor or audiologist, please call your school’s Health Office. We are here to help you!
If it is necessary for a student to take a prescription and/or nonprescription medication during the school day, the following guidelines must be followed:
• Medication must be brought in the original container.
• A signed permission form for each medication must be completed by the parent(s)/guardian(s) and physician allowing school personnel to administer.
• All Medications will be stored, and dispensed in the Health Office.
• Bringing medications to school is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Forms are available to download and print at the right.
• Each year approximately 6 to 12 million children between 3 and 12 years of age are infested with head lice.
• About one in every 100 U.S. elementary school children will be infested with head lice.
• Girls are more likely than boys to become infested because of sharing personal hair items.
S.C.R.A.T.C.H. head lice information forms are available to download and print at the right.
Michigan’s immunization requirement form is available to download and print at the right.