According to the the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Breast milk is your baby's perfect food, containing all the right nutrients in just the right amounts.
- Breast milk is always ready and accessible.
- Breast milk will continue to meet the needs of your growing baby.
- Breast milk enhances proper brain development, and may increase your baby's I.Q.
- Breastfed babies are sick less often and generally develop fewer infections and allergies.
- Breast milk is easily digested and breastfed babies experience less diarrhea and stomach problems.
- Breastfeeding is free food. Formula is expensive!
- Breast milk is easy. No mixing, measuring or heating.
- Breastfeeding can make you feel closer to your baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers burn more calories, reduce their risk of developing certain cancers and often get back into shape faster.